What is Chiropractic?
Chiropractors work with the body’s innate knowledge and understanding to allow the body to reach new states of being. The spinal column houses the most precious piece of machinery ever designed: the central nervous system.
Chiropractic is based on these simple truths:
1. The body is self-healing and self-regulating.
2. “The purpose of the brain and nervous system is to control and coordinate the function of all the cells, tissues and organs in the body, and to adapt the organism to its environment.” (Gray’s Anatomy)
3. If there is interference in your nervous system (subluxation/misalignment) your body cannot function as intended. Therefore it is no longer self-healing and/or self-regulating.
4. The longer the interference occurs the more devastating the effects are to your health and well-being.
5. The job of a chiropractor is to locate, analyze and correct the subluxations/misalignments and their causes. This will give your body the ability to regain its self-healing and self-regulating properties. Allowing you, your family and friends to enjoy optimum health, well-being, longevity, and improved quality of life.
What is a Subluxation?
1. The spine is no longer moving through its normal range of motion and is considered “misaligned.”
2. Neural tissues (spinal cord, nerve roots and surrounding tissue, or meninges) are compromised by the “misaligned” vertebrae, essentially degrading the neural network that sends signals to/from our brain.
3. There is an alteration, change, or disruption of the “nerve impulses.” These altered nerves that normally supply our tissues, muscles, organs, and every cell within our body can thus be compromised, leading to poor function and lower quality of life.
What causes Subluxation?
Three types of stress:
1. Structural/Physical: the birthing process, injury from falls, learning to walk, poor posture or postural defects, repetitive use injury, trauma, sports and sport injuries, weight lifting, and running.
2. Chemical/Nutritional: medications, food dyes, preservatives, vaccines, environmental/air pollutants, pesticides, cosmetics, cleaning products, alcohol, and smoking.
3. Mental/Emotional: anxiety, depression, business or personal relationships, money/finances, school, and life in general.
What Conditions Can Benefit from Chiropractic Care?
- Neck and back pain
- Extremity (shoulder, elbow, hand, knee, foot) pain relief
- Headache relief
- TMJ dysfunction
- Decreased mobility and range of motion
- Stiffness and muscle spasms
- Improvement in sports performance
- Restless or poor sleep
- Digestion and/or reflux symptoms
- Arthritic joint pain
- Immune system dysfunction (autoimmune dysfunction)
- Improved relaxation and overall sense of well-being
- Improved balance and coordination
- Reduced degeneration and risk of injury
- Enhanced tissue healing
- Decrease in infant colicky symptoms and ear infections in children
Still unsure if chiropractic can help you? Schedule a FREE 15-minute discovery call today to learn more!